Director of Summit Athletics

Director of Summit Athletics
Pursuing Excellence in Sports and Character (click on image for website)

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Graduation

Today, my girlfriend Hope graduated from Bethel College.  I am incredibly proud of her and have to brag on her 3.94 gpa in 2 majors and 2 concentrations that I always get mixed up.  In that list is business, early childhood development, youth ministry, and psychology or something like that.  Anyway she's amazing and I'm very proud of her.  I went to the graduation ceremony, which is always something that people look very forward to....just kidding.  I went because I try to be a good guy like that.  The commencement speaker for the graduation was Chris Fuller in place of his father who passed away in February.  Chris is the son of Millard Fuller, who founded Habitat for Humanity until as I understand it he was forced to leave the organization in a messy string of events.  It was an interesting talk about the story of Habitat for Humanity, then being forced out of the organization he founded.  Chris said his father was never bitter about it, but rather took the perspective that it was God's organization from the beginning and he was just watching over it for a while.  He founded the Fuller Center for Housing after and began to impact the world that way.  Chris said in Fuller's fourth year it is where Habitat was at after 10 years.  Impressive.  It was a good talk and a fun day of family pictures, and many kodak moments afterwards.  

I am looking forward to my graduation in two weeks and will be writing about that soon.  Yes, I will be addressing how I feel about Barack Obama speaking.  Tomorrow morning Hope and I are driving to visit my good friend Christian Moody in Asheville, North Carolina on our way to the see Tyler and his girlfriend before heading to the beach!!!!   I have been training about 4-5 hours a day preparing for NBA tryouts to try and pursue a professional career.  I am looking forward to moving my training from South Bend to Chapel Hill and then the beach for a couple of days.  It won't stop my training, it will just be a little bit different.  I will be running in the mornings like David Hasselhoff and then doing the deck of doom as my strength coach T-Ro calls it as often as I can.  There are always basketball courts to be found.  I can sniff out a basketball court like many women can sniff out shopping malls!!!!  That's why I almost always wear a pair of gym shorts underneath my pants.  Like prom - I had basketball shorts on underneath.  You never know when a basketball game could break out and I wanted to be ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment