Director of Summit Athletics

Director of Summit Athletics
Pursuing Excellence in Sports and Character (click on image for website)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who Wants to be a Millionaire In Japanese

So I've been busy with practice and everything here, but I just wanted to write a quick story. We had our first practice game against KCC - the best team in Korea and lost by about 15. They are very good. Their center Ha played for the Trailblazers for quite a while - he is 7"3. He dunked once and he lowered the goal in our gym. (Our gym that we have to tape down the lines to be able to play in it. I always go around and look for where the shortest spot of the 3 point line is. It's like finidng the dead spots on your home court)

We play them again on Thursday. They are good, but we should be able to do better. So my main reason for writing tonight. As I write I am talking to Hope as she gets ready for work and watching Who wants to be a millionaire in Japanese. It is hilarious. I thought it was slum dog millionaire the first time I saw it. Then I realized that the answers were in Japanese and it wasn't. (I was kind of upset - thats a great movie!!)

Here is the highlight of this episode so far. The guy went and took a 50/50. The crowd cheered. I have no idea why. Then he said one thing in English - he said final answer. The Japanese Regis Philbin took a 500,000 yen check ($5,000) and ripped it up very dramatically. I waited and waited to see this guy's crushed reaction - and then...it went to commercial. America has influenced everywhere!!!! Then they came back and he had gotten it right. All that drama for a correct answer - some Japanese millionaire torture for you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment